Home Welcome to the UQMC Forum! Unofficial Club Trips Cooloola Great Walk (Mid-Semester break)

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Danayba 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Danayba
    Participant

Hello 🙂

I’m planning to head up to the Cooloola Great Walk over the mid-semester break, likely from the morning of the Sept 25th (Friday before break). Seeking other like-minded, self-reliant folks (max 5) keen for an adventure. The walk is 102+ km long (depending on the route), probably done over 5-6 days, and we will be walking approximately 20km a day with full packs – therefore, you should be experienced with overnight walking, physically fit and well prepared. Reasonably early mornings are also necessary to get all the walking in.

Logistics
    – Starting: Friday Sept 25th Greyhound/Bus to Tewantin – Ferry – Walk/Hitch 10 km along the roads to Noosa North Shore Campground and the start of the trailhead. Start walking Saturday morning Bus is about 25$ if you’re a student.

-Ending: In Rainbow Beach – Greyhound back to Brissie (about $30).

– Walk details: http://www.nprsr.qld.gov.au/parks/great-walks-cooloola/about.html

-BYO camping gear, cooking gear/stove/gas and lightweight food. I’d like everyone to be self-reliant, but also I have spares of a few things that you’re welcome to borrow 🙂

A bit about me: 27 yr old female Canadian, just finished my PhD and pretty keen to get out bush. I’ve done a number of overnight hikes, the longest being a 10-day in Tassie.

Thanks for stopping by 🙂

Danay
    Email: [email protected]

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.