Home Welcome to the UQMC Forum! General Discussion Hiking trip leader expression of interest

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Rebecca Austin 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Rebecca Austin
    Participant

Hello UQMCers!

UQMC is keen to expand bushwalking in the club! I would like to find out which of you are interested in becoming hiking trip leaders. There has been a huge amount of interest in hiking and we are really keen to get more trips happening.

As trip leader, you decide where you want to go, organise the trip and decide how many people. Currently, the group size is restricted by the number of approved activity leaders on the trip ie 1 leader per 10 participants. You can have less than 10 as well (I would actually encourage this for overnight hikes). In addition, there has to be someone with a current first aid certificate on the trip.

We are still working out a system to approve people as hiking trip leaders. There will probably be different levels of approval from on-track day walks through to multi-day and off-track walks. For the moment could you please fill out this short questionnaire.

Hiking trip leader expression of interest form: http://goo.gl/forms/QTXQt7APg8

I encourage people of all levels of bushwalking/hiking experience to express interest. If you would just like to lead a day walk or camping trip to the beach that would be awesome! If you are keen to organise multi-day walks, also awesome!

I’ll be in contact with more details for getting you started running your own trips!

Cheers,
    Rebecca, UQMC Hiking Convenor

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.