Home Welcome to the UQMC Forum! General Discussion Newby with a newby Q

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Trev P 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Trev P
    Participant

Hi all,
    New to UQMC (I can’t help but think its a motorcycle club).

A mate and I will be celebrating our day of birth soon and we are keen to head to Mt Barney to do some hiking combined with bouldering/scrambling.

Would any of the lovely people on this glorious forum be able to point me in the right direction (apart from south south west ?).
    We have not been to Barney before and thus do not know of the good spots.. or any spots ?

Planning on heading there on the 10th of August.

Or if you know of any other places within a few hours drive of Brisbane for some sweet hiking/boukdering/scrambling action… I’m all ears…. or is that eyes because its a forum.

Thanks for any advice. I plan on coming to this Thursdays Kangaroo Point event and look forward to meeting like minded rock folk.
    ?

Stay safe.

Trev

Milky
    Participant

I went up and down South Ridge a few years back with a few of the old members – it’s spectacular!

null
    More photo’s here…

Was a full day endeavour, so don’t start hiking later than 8:30am unless you’re keen to walk down in the dark, but super worth it and not too hard. There were a few scramble sections and it’s hard on the knees – so maybe bring a few poles if you need. You can see the details here, or a list of other hikes at Barney here.

It’s totally worth it!

Trev P
    Participant

Hi Milky.

Thank you for the links and advice šŸ˜€

I shall discuss this with day birth friend.

Yeeww.. Excited.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.