Home Welcome to the UQMC Forum! Unofficial Club Trips Save Climbing at Howard Street Wharves

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Nick Tierney 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Milky
    Participant

Hi guys,

It looks like there’s a few of us that might be making an appearance to a consultation session with a PR Firm working on behalf of the Brisbane City Council, to talk about the planned redevelopment of Howard Street Wharves. Part of raising the possible inclusion of Climbing to their redevelopment plans – but the ACAQ (Australian Climbing Association (QLD)) needs as many people to show up as possible. Remember guys, we’re all ACAQ affiliated members and the ACAQ do a tonne for the climbing community as a whole 😀

You can check out the event on Facebook, here: https://www.facebook.com/events/609232212546261/

So, get down to Howard Street Wharves, this Saturday morning at 8am.

If you’re keen, give us a buzz on this thread – and we’ll organise a group to meet up.

Cheers,
    Milky

Louie Oram
    Participant

I might be able to come, however I’m yet to confirm.

I’ll let you know Milky if I’ll be able to make it

Nick Tierney

I’ll be there.

I have a family thing at 8:30 but I’ll be there at 8am to fill out the questionnaire, and I’ll be back as soon as I can to ask as many questions as possible.

Everyone should come to this, this is REALLY REALLY IMPORTANT. Like, imagine how cool it would be to have climbing on the other side of the river? And then KP North…and other cliffs around Brisbane. Let’s show them that climbing is a legitimate sport, and we aren’t a bunch of renegades who want to climb things and take risks. Climbing is, and can be about so much more. There are crags that are rumoured to have some of the best climbing in South East Queensland, and possibly Australia, that have been closed off. We have an opportunity to open up another crag for future climbing. By doing this, we are helping to forge a pathway for future climbers of Brisbane and SEQ to have more climbing available to them.

So ask yourself: “Do you like to climb?”

If the answer is yes, then you should be there on Saturday.

Nick.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.