Home Welcome to the UQMC Forum! Official Club Trips Thorsborne Trail – Hinchinbrook Island

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  AliceEvie 5 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

AliceEvie

Hey Gang!

There is far too much information to be posted in this forum so I’ve included all the necessary links you need to find information regarding this trip.

Itinerary here! – this will continue to develop and update as we organise the trip based on who is going. It’s just a skeleton at the moment so you know the trip dates.

More info on the hike here!

Sign-up sheet/waiting list here! – NOTE: I have not connected the link to this yet. Due to the limited positions available I am making the sign-on sheet available at 9am Wednesday 9th August (tomorrow) – I expect the spots to fill up within around 2 minutes. Please note that the sign-on sheet does not guarantee you a spot. I will chat to each person individually to assess competence. This is not a hike for someone who has not been on multi-day treks before. This is for safety.

Please remember that I am not going on this trip, I am organising it. Cheyenne and Leo (trip leaders) are your first point of call for logistical information and they will be organising a meeting to discuss this with you once the sign-on sheet has been finalised. If you have hiking specific questions, feel free to come to me (Alice). This meeting will be used to organise:
    – Cars;
    – Shared costs such as cars, park passes, camping fees etc;
    – Organise what gear needs to be hired and for who;
    – Ensure everyone has transport to meet us or leave early if this is required;
    – Answer any questions you may have about the hikes!

Please remember, all costs will need to be paid for 2 weeks prior to the trip.

NOTE: I understand that capping a hike at 12 people seems low however this is a requirement of the Whitsundays National Parks Authority due to limited capacity for tents on camping platforms. Walking group sizes is limited to 6 therefore we will already have to stagger our hiking due to the potential for environmental impact. Camping within the park is not allowed therefore we must use the platforms provided. If a spot opens up the next person on the waiting list will be informed.

Please let me know if you have any questions ?

• This topic was modified 5 months, 1 week ago by  AliceEvie.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.